A Manifesto as the General Secretary of Mariere Hall 2020
University of Lagos,
Mariere Hall,
Baluba Kingdom,
2020.
Manifesto for my forthcoming Election as the General Secretary of Mariere Hall.
Hi Everyone,
Greatest balubite!
Of the greatest Balubite!
Recognizing all members of the committee.
Standing on all existing protocols
My name is Nwankpa Emmanuel Obioma from the prestigious Faculty of Management science,
Department of Employment Relation and Human resource Management currently in my 200Level humbly aspiring for the post of the General secretary in mariere Hall.
Of course, the General Secretary is the custodian of all Secretariat duties saddled with the responsibility of Calling for meetings , drafting of Letters , memos and minutes of the meeting .
Also to serve as a correspondent and as an intermediary between the management and the students
More so , to stand as a
backbone of all other executives in analysing ,formulating , Recommending and taking decisions.
Permit me to take you through a brief memory lane of what I've done in this regard before now.
I'm currently a content writer for operamini , I've written couples of articles published online and my web name is Unilag_HR.
I've played major role in the publicity team in the faculty of Management Science, where I was involved in drafting of broadcast for the event and as a content writer and digital marketer with certification I utilized various social mediums within my disposal to disseminate information to the targeted audience.
Two of such event I was actively involved in drafting the broadcast are the MSA dinner and Award night and MSA Dean's Cup.
A noticeable area where I've rendered my support was where I seized the opportunity and did faculty orientation for my own set and highlighted various possible ways on how we can navigate on campus and achieve our desired results of which many are still thankful.
Out of the need to impact and to serve I joined an NGO called Wevo which is involved in actively promoting the 17 SDGs in Nigeria.
Some the needs arising in mariere hostel and what I intend to use my role to do if emerged as the new general Secretary of mariere hall.
First and foremost, the two major problems affecting mariere right now are inadequate Power and Water supply.
Before now I used to believe that Unilag have a power plant that supply power but to my utmost surprise I was dumbfounded to know that unilag is paying 100m for power supply.
It's was gathered that 60m is paid for power supply coming from the National grid. This does not include money spent on Dissel. When there's no light #20m is spent on Dissel, while another #20m is spent on power supplied to Idiaraba. This amounting to a total of #100m. (Figures might have changed)
This is quite huge and not sustainable so unilag decided to cut cost on their spending and focus on working on their own power plant.
There's nothing significant I can do in this regard because it an external administrative problem but then what I feel can be done in this regard is to suggest to them if they can increase the number of hours of light and prolly bring light at interval in the afternoon to afford us to cook and do other things.
Water is another major problem in mariere and a function of power supplied. Once there's no light for long hours at that moment there would be no water. Though this problems is not really affecting all hostels that much. If u go to Jaja hall they don't really complain of water becos they have enough reservoir to sustain them pending when they would bring the light.
If u go to Eni-njoku those once don't even have reservoir atall , once they take the light in less than an 1hr the water would have been exhausted.
If we must be honest with ourselves the pressure on the tanks here in mariere is too much . The number of students is more than the capacity of what the tanks can accommodate.
This had been a problem but not really talked about because there has been constant light.
However, there's something that can be done to solve this problem. When I consulted the management concerning this issue of water I was told that there used to be two submersive pumping machines and that one of the submersive is faulty and that they have written a letter to DSA of the need to replace the submersive that's faulty . One submersive pumping machine can't be on for 24hrs , if this persist it can even damage the only available one.
Sometimes there would be light but there would be no water and that is because the person in charge failed to on the pumping machine.
So what I intend doing in this regard is to constantly writing a letter to the management so it would be replaced on time and also to inform the management of the need to appoint someone among them that would be managing the pumping machine once there's light.
However, as I'm speaking to you right now it has been brought to my hearing that a new submersive has been bought and installed. So, as long as that's there's light there would be water.
Before now , when there's a fault with any of the hostel facilities and you lodge a complaint even though it's in the evening there's always a standby staff to come to fix it.
The issue of no fan, bad bunk, lightenings, etc is as a result of the fact that there's no longer maintenance staff on ground. What they have now is contract officers
In other to solve some of these problems management in their own discretion brought in someone who's not affiliated to unilag to get the job done and that's why we've been paying for their services rendered.
What I intend doing in this regard is to put a letter forward to the management on the need for competent mantainance staff in the hostel that would be on standby to resolve any technical issues once the need arises.
The wifi has been having issue lately. Before now there used to be constant wifi. When I did my investigation other hostels have wifi. So it's not as if it's a general problem.
I also discovered that the past excos are working on it and that they want to get additional 2 routers . But without internet the routers can't work.
So what I intend doing is to write a letter to CITS informing them that the wifi is faulty and the need to look at it urgently for it to start working effectively again.
The projector has also been an issue lately. So what I intend doing is to find out if it's something that requires replacement or not and to either write a letter management or get sponsors and fix it.
The reading room also needs constant maintenance. It's obvious that towards the time of exams the reading room is always congested, so u could imagine how it would look like if some of the ACs are not working effectively.
So I lntend constantly informing the management in this regard once the need arises.
The aspect of the Gym is what I've noticed had been missing here in mariere for quite some time now.
The days of the baluba hacules is gone. When I did my investigation It was brought to my notice that it was suspended by the management through DSA.
So, What I intend doing in this regard is to consult the management again and see if they would allow it again so the days of the baluba hacules can be experienced again .
Part of my agenda also is to promote an all inclusive leadership.
I Intend ensuring that both bonafides and non bonafides present as at when the food is been shared aleast get a food during hall week.
Some students are usually delayed outside even when they've been identified to be a student.
When I did my investigation concerning that I was told that they are only doing their job. If they don't do that that mariere would be turned to dumping ground and give room for unscrupulous element to come in. The whole essence why u wouldn't here the management say that they have legalized squatting. So that anyone who come into the hall and default or cause any trouble would be penalized squarely and also on the ground that squatting is not allowed. But then, I intend to inform the management to talk the Portal not to delay students outside most Especially during exams once they've been identified to be a student.
To achieve all these requires someone who's intelligent, persistent and goal oriented.
Pls I want u Guys to support me in this journey
Pls don't waste your Votes .
Vote for Content, Impact and an all Inclusive leadership !
Let's make mariere great again !
Pls vote me ,
Nwankpa Emmanuel Obioma as Mariere General Secretary 2020.
Thanks for your usually cooperation!
Mariere Hall,
Baluba Kingdom,
2020.
Manifesto for my forthcoming Election as the General Secretary of Mariere Hall.
Hi Everyone,
Greatest balubite!
Of the greatest Balubite!
Recognizing all members of the committee.
Standing on all existing protocols
My name is Nwankpa Emmanuel Obioma from the prestigious Faculty of Management science,
Department of Employment Relation and Human resource Management currently in my 200Level humbly aspiring for the post of the General secretary in mariere Hall.
Of course, the General Secretary is the custodian of all Secretariat duties saddled with the responsibility of Calling for meetings , drafting of Letters , memos and minutes of the meeting .
Also to serve as a correspondent and as an intermediary between the management and the students
More so , to stand as a
backbone of all other executives in analysing ,formulating , Recommending and taking decisions.
Permit me to take you through a brief memory lane of what I've done in this regard before now.
I'm currently a content writer for operamini , I've written couples of articles published online and my web name is Unilag_HR.
I've played major role in the publicity team in the faculty of Management Science, where I was involved in drafting of broadcast for the event and as a content writer and digital marketer with certification I utilized various social mediums within my disposal to disseminate information to the targeted audience.
Two of such event I was actively involved in drafting the broadcast are the MSA dinner and Award night and MSA Dean's Cup.
A noticeable area where I've rendered my support was where I seized the opportunity and did faculty orientation for my own set and highlighted various possible ways on how we can navigate on campus and achieve our desired results of which many are still thankful.
Out of the need to impact and to serve I joined an NGO called Wevo which is involved in actively promoting the 17 SDGs in Nigeria.
Some the needs arising in mariere hostel and what I intend to use my role to do if emerged as the new general Secretary of mariere hall.
First and foremost, the two major problems affecting mariere right now are inadequate Power and Water supply.
Before now I used to believe that Unilag have a power plant that supply power but to my utmost surprise I was dumbfounded to know that unilag is paying 100m for power supply.
It's was gathered that 60m is paid for power supply coming from the National grid. This does not include money spent on Dissel. When there's no light #20m is spent on Dissel, while another #20m is spent on power supplied to Idiaraba. This amounting to a total of #100m. (Figures might have changed)
This is quite huge and not sustainable so unilag decided to cut cost on their spending and focus on working on their own power plant.
There's nothing significant I can do in this regard because it an external administrative problem but then what I feel can be done in this regard is to suggest to them if they can increase the number of hours of light and prolly bring light at interval in the afternoon to afford us to cook and do other things.
Water is another major problem in mariere and a function of power supplied. Once there's no light for long hours at that moment there would be no water. Though this problems is not really affecting all hostels that much. If u go to Jaja hall they don't really complain of water becos they have enough reservoir to sustain them pending when they would bring the light.
If u go to Eni-njoku those once don't even have reservoir atall , once they take the light in less than an 1hr the water would have been exhausted.
If we must be honest with ourselves the pressure on the tanks here in mariere is too much . The number of students is more than the capacity of what the tanks can accommodate.
This had been a problem but not really talked about because there has been constant light.
However, there's something that can be done to solve this problem. When I consulted the management concerning this issue of water I was told that there used to be two submersive pumping machines and that one of the submersive is faulty and that they have written a letter to DSA of the need to replace the submersive that's faulty . One submersive pumping machine can't be on for 24hrs , if this persist it can even damage the only available one.
Sometimes there would be light but there would be no water and that is because the person in charge failed to on the pumping machine.
So what I intend doing in this regard is to constantly writing a letter to the management so it would be replaced on time and also to inform the management of the need to appoint someone among them that would be managing the pumping machine once there's light.
However, as I'm speaking to you right now it has been brought to my hearing that a new submersive has been bought and installed. So, as long as that's there's light there would be water.
Before now , when there's a fault with any of the hostel facilities and you lodge a complaint even though it's in the evening there's always a standby staff to come to fix it.
The issue of no fan, bad bunk, lightenings, etc is as a result of the fact that there's no longer maintenance staff on ground. What they have now is contract officers
In other to solve some of these problems management in their own discretion brought in someone who's not affiliated to unilag to get the job done and that's why we've been paying for their services rendered.
What I intend doing in this regard is to put a letter forward to the management on the need for competent mantainance staff in the hostel that would be on standby to resolve any technical issues once the need arises.
The wifi has been having issue lately. Before now there used to be constant wifi. When I did my investigation other hostels have wifi. So it's not as if it's a general problem.
I also discovered that the past excos are working on it and that they want to get additional 2 routers . But without internet the routers can't work.
So what I intend doing is to write a letter to CITS informing them that the wifi is faulty and the need to look at it urgently for it to start working effectively again.
The projector has also been an issue lately. So what I intend doing is to find out if it's something that requires replacement or not and to either write a letter management or get sponsors and fix it.
The reading room also needs constant maintenance. It's obvious that towards the time of exams the reading room is always congested, so u could imagine how it would look like if some of the ACs are not working effectively.
So I lntend constantly informing the management in this regard once the need arises.
The aspect of the Gym is what I've noticed had been missing here in mariere for quite some time now.
The days of the baluba hacules is gone. When I did my investigation It was brought to my notice that it was suspended by the management through DSA.
So, What I intend doing in this regard is to consult the management again and see if they would allow it again so the days of the baluba hacules can be experienced again .
Part of my agenda also is to promote an all inclusive leadership.
I Intend ensuring that both bonafides and non bonafides present as at when the food is been shared aleast get a food during hall week.
Some students are usually delayed outside even when they've been identified to be a student.
When I did my investigation concerning that I was told that they are only doing their job. If they don't do that that mariere would be turned to dumping ground and give room for unscrupulous element to come in. The whole essence why u wouldn't here the management say that they have legalized squatting. So that anyone who come into the hall and default or cause any trouble would be penalized squarely and also on the ground that squatting is not allowed. But then, I intend to inform the management to talk the Portal not to delay students outside most Especially during exams once they've been identified to be a student.
To achieve all these requires someone who's intelligent, persistent and goal oriented.
Pls I want u Guys to support me in this journey
Pls don't waste your Votes .
Vote for Content, Impact and an all Inclusive leadership !
Let's make mariere great again !
Pls vote me ,
Nwankpa Emmanuel Obioma as Mariere General Secretary 2020.
Thanks for your usually cooperation!

Comments
Post a Comment