Be the change- Volunteer and Make a difference.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a collection of 17 global goals designed to be a "blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all".
The SDGs, set in 2015 by the United Nations General Assembly and intended to be achieved by the year 2030, are part of UN Resolution 70/1, the 2030 Agenda.
However, concerning the resent outbreak of this Coronavirus . I've been up and doing as I didn't relent in assisting in educating people about the novel virus called covid-19.
I personally is already contributing excellently well in the aspect of Quality Education- SDG4 , and SDG 17.
I personal researched and took online courses on Coronavirus to get more information about the virus and how to communicate it effectively to others
I'm now an MBRU Community Immunity Ambassador. I am responsible to protect myself and my community from covid-19
I co-founded GOV LEE'S RESOURCE HUB.
This is a Youth led initiative for Undergraduates designed by us to enlighten Fellow Students of the need to acquire soft Skills that would make them have an advantage over Machines.
The world is already global, and virtually all disciplines are being threatened by Digitalization. This poses a threat and the need for everyone to up their games in other not to be an excess supply to available Resources
Part of what I'm doing is to direct them on how to get Online Certifications, Interships (virtual) and Scholarship etc, with a motive of bridging the gap between the School and the outside world
This gives me the Platform to also promote SDG4- "Quality Education for all" and also to enlighten others about the symptoms and precautionary measures to take as stipulated by the WHO standard such as to stay at home, Maintain social distancing, and maintain proper hygiene amongst others.
As a content writer for operamin, I used this medium to assist people with the right information. I seized this medium to lend out my voice to contribute and assist in providing possible solution to any niche identified within my environment
I've been engaged in writing of contents on Coronavirus and recommending other possible ways to curtail the spread of the virus.
I also used my whatsapp status in consistently educating people in my circle to stay save psychologically , emotionally and physically .
The #covid19 records, brought to us by our very own 4x guiness world record breaker, Adenle Adetunwase in conjunction with 12 international personnels had afford me the opportunity to participate in the ongoing task to achieve the record of the LONGEST ONLINE STREAM on covid 19 and to educate people of the dreaded virus and how to cope with it.
In other to impact and affect more people positively I've also been involved in promoting SDG 17 by partnering and Joining other organizations championing and promoting the UN SGDs across the globe.
I'm a member of WEWO, a non profit making organization. This is one platform focused on partnering and promoting SDGs Movement. I Utilised this platform to network and discover myself. Learn, unlearn and relearn practical skills while still a student and preparing myself for the corporate world and a motive which is to affect and give back to the people around me.
I also undergo master class training from WEWO organization where we were taught of the benefit of volunteering and relevant skills acquired on emotional intelligence , personal development, accurate project management, Communication and given certificate as a professional volunteer.
Some of the activities we've done lately involves topics like 1)Clean Air Lagos, 2) Global Recycling day, 3) Air Pollution Climate and health, 4) Be the change, Volunteer and make a difference. Etc.
The ongoing outbreak of the pandemic and the instruction to stay at home has made me to resort to using my social medias to communicate about Covid-19 in conjunction with other organizations
As one of the Social Media manger of WEWO, I've used various medium within my reach to create awareness concerning covid-19
I'm also a member of YALI Network ( Young African Leadership Initiative ). I've gained alot of ideas from their online courses and have 10 certifications from YaLi Network. I've taken it upon myself to educate others to participate in the online courses of which some already have their own certificates from YaLi Network.
I'm also a member of JCI (Junior chamber International) . This is another platform actively involved in Impacting and developing young leaders for the Future.
I've also sent the link of UN Millennium Fellowship to people in my circle and butterss on the need to join and become part of the Millennium Fellow.
I also intend working with UN Fellows and it's platform to extend my leadership skills and create awareness across the globe.
The SDG 4 and 17 is what's I've been doing lately to achieve a quality Education for all with the help of other organizations.
Volunteering makes a better you. Exposes you to information, people and places and create an opportunity for you.

Comments
Post a Comment